LSH ACCOUNTING PTY LTD
This policy outlines how we handle personal information relating to individuals, including clients and non-clients. This policy does not limit any of LSH Accounting’s obligations at law.
- LSH Accounting is not bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time LSH Accounting is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, LSH Accounting must cooperate fully.
What Sort of Information Does LSH Accounting Collect And Hold?
LSH Accounting collects information about you (the “Information”) in several different ways:
This includes collection of details including:
- Name and contact details
- Tax File Number
- date of birth
- marital status
- employment details and history
- financial information including your assets and liabilities, income, expenditure, insurance cover and superannuation.
There is no obligation to provide us with all information requested. However, failure to provide such information may limit our ability to provide the services and advice you require.
WHY AND HOW DOES LSH ACCOUNTING COLLECT THE INFORMATION AND HOW IS IT USED BY LSH ACCOUNTING?
1. LSH Accounting collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to:
a) Provide professional services on an on-going and one off basis
b) Complete all associated documentation required to deliver a)
2. LSH Accounting also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. You may at any time contact us and request not to received such correspondence.
LSH Accounting will not at any time use or disclose personal information obtained from you to third parties unless you consent. Please note that if at any time LSH Accounting is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, LSH Accounting must cooperate fully.
3.From time to time LSH Accounting may engage subcontractors to assist in providing the services required by you. In such cases any information shared with a subcontractor will be restricted to that necessary to obtain the services required and any such subcontractors will be bound by this policy as if the subcontractor was an employee of LSH Accounting.
4. LSH Accounting uses cloud based storage and backup systems through third-party providers including XERO, Class Superannuation and Nimbus. Cloud servers are based in multiple locations including both Australian and the USA. The storage of information does not change our commitment to safeguard your privacy and the information remains subject to existing confidentiality obligations.
HOW WILL LSH ACCOUNTING KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
LSH Accounting has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
These security measures include:
- clauses in employment agreements requiring employee confidentiality
- secure computer passwords
- printing of data containing personal information is limited
- client portal information transmission occurs over encrypted channels
- information no longer required is destroyed securely
- electronic information is backed up and secured in an off-site location
- electronic information is protected via firewalls
CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may gain access to Information that LSH Accounting has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
PO Box 600
Morwell VIC 3840
Telephone: 03 5134 4955